February was action packed and so much fun. Mike and I were both traveling for business the first week, which meant we had to farm out the dogs. Two to Cook's house, Fly to Mike's co-worker, the puppy to the kennel. Mike was freezing in New Orleans, I was sunning in LA. Mike didn't get back until Saturday, so I had the house to myself a couple of days. Lots of cleaning, the house finally looks like grown-ups live here.
Speaking of grown-ups, I turned 30! Mike planned a lovely Valentine's Day / Birthday dinner and surprised me with a new camera...my 9 year old point and shoot is starting to show its age. My mom sent some money, so we decided to pony up the difference and upgrade to a real camera. I don't know how to use it well yet, but I am really looking forward to playing around with it and learning how to take good pictures. Tanya has inspired this, I hope to take pictures half as good as hers sometime soon. Mike took this great Marley action shot:
Last weekend was Nicki's bridal shower, such a special day and a great time to boot. Nicki and I were housemates for several years during college and took some outrageous Caribbean trips together, it's funny to look back a decade and see how far we've come. It's also pretty crazy that we're marrying friends! Who would've guessed. At the end of March Nicki's going to marry a great guy who I know will make her very happy. Cheers!



Ah, thanks for the sweet comment about my photos! I think the one you took of Jill, Laura and Sarah is pretty much perfect. Looking forward to hearing more about the Ewerts, even if it is a monthly report. xoxo
ReplyDelete