Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My favorite week of the year

That's right, it is Denver Restaurant Week! Yippee. We were supposed to cut back this year, but the stars aligned and I will not be doing any business travel this week. And I cashed in all my OpenTable points to cover a couple dinners. At least in theory, problem is I can't resist trying out the wine as well. Here's the lineup:

Red Square with Sarah, Laura, Ivory, Jill, Barry & Jess, Jill and Shane. I was not impressed, but we had a large group and it was the best I could manage on the busiest night of the week. At least the vodka was great
Elway's Downtown with Cook. It was even better than the Cherry Creek location, which I'm fond of
Opus It was nice, but not as nice as they think it is...their everyday pricing is astronomical. No need to drive to Littleton when Fruition is a few blocks away and half the price
Gabriel's
Restaurant Kevin Taylor
Oceanaire with Ivory and Jamie.

My goal this year was to try all new restaurants, the only exception being Restaurant Kevin Taylor. It is the exception because I think RKT is the best value during restaurant week. They don't treat you like DR weekers, they don't pick the cheapest things off their menu (Opus = guilty), and last year we got a coupon for another $52.80 meal anytime during 2008.

In case you haven't made any DRW reservations, there is still time! Most of the restaurants extended the special through Friday March 6, I'm being a good girl and only made one more reservation. Only because the other three places I really wanted to hit didn't extend the special. Mike is thanking heaven for that.

1 comment:

  1. We ended up canceling all of our reservations because a) they do that thing here where the CRW menu isn't really much of a bargain and b) I'm trying to get us a reservation for this amazing restaurant in DC for our honeymoon, and the price tag on that means we really need to save our pennies.

    ReplyDelete