Monday, June 1, 2009

Why business travel does not suck

Thursday morning I flew out to LA. As I always do when my flight is on a 777, I upgraded with miles. Business class on a 777 is so nice. Yes I still wound up next to an obese person (who needed assistance from 4 people to get her seat upright after it broke when she tried to recline), but since our seats were 6" apart she could not invade my space. thank heavens.

Our afternoon appointment canceled last minute, so Kyle and I worked from our hotel. Poolside. This cheesy camera phone doesn't do it justice. Our cabana had power for the overhead fans and thus our laptops. Palm trees were directly across, but all I could get was trunks from where I was sitting. The weather was perfect.



I love dining out. And the experience is so much better when someone else pays for it. From inventive sushi in LA to top-of-skyscraper steakhouse dining in Portland, this might be one of the best perks of my job.


Not only does business travel cut down on my expenses during the week, just three trips to the airport each month covers all of my gas. And then I get to use all of my miles to visit friends!

I might not always enjoy traveling as often as I do right now, but for the time being....I LOVE it!

Thanks for everyone who sent positive thoughts my way for the big meeting last week. It was a strange experience, to say the least. The top exec was about 15 minutes late, and spent the first five minutes venting on the director that scheduled the call. We jumped around the slideck, discussing items/slides completely out of order, and then ran out of time. But our end goal was achieved, so I guess it can be considered a success. If I ever have another opportunity like this in the future, I will definitely prepare differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment