Wednesday, June 10, 2009

We're going to Italy!!!!!



We have been talking about going to Italy in October for a one-year anniversary trip, but I hadn't done anything to make that a reality. But on Sunday my Dad gifted us a few nights from their vacation club because they had nights that were going to expire. Come to find out, they needed to be booked within the week and travel within 120 days. Oh wait, their only property in Italy was completely booked within 120 days, just a single 3 day booking under tentative reservations. Turns out you can challenge tentative reservations, we did, the original guests canceled, and now it's ours!!! YAY!!!! I was trying not to get my hopes up over the past few days bc I didn't think they'd cancel and I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a picture of the house. This is not a sample, look how pretty Tuscany is sort of picture...this is the house. 20 acres and a private pool included.

Now we need to figure out the rest of the trip, if you've been to Italy I'd love to hear your feedback. Now I have to go pack for Vegas, my flights leaves first thing in the morning. I'm glad the house is settled, so I don't have to plan one trip while on another. But I must admit it would be typical of me. =)

3 comments:

  1. yay!!! that's great, and the house is awsome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Italy is so beautiful and easy going. I am so excited for you both! I am not sure if you are planning on traveling but I enjoyed Rome. It is a very large city but there are many significant historical sites and the culture is one to experience. Also, the Vatican City is there so that is not to be missed. I also really enjoyed Pompei (city covered and preserved by volcanic ash including people) and of course Venice. Pisa wasn't worth the trip for me but Florence was a great city. Florence had a thick culture and the statue of David! Italy is just great. Keep us all posted on your travels! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, get ready for carbs. There is just no way around it. But oh my goodness they are delicious carbs. :)

    ReplyDelete