Friday, February 6, 2009

I did not ask for a new haircut

But I got one. My conversation with my hair stylist last weekend went something like this:

Rocco: So, did you finally get married? I need to cut off all of this hair.
Me: Yes! No! Have you seen how fat I've gotten? I can't have short hair with a face this round!
Rocc: Oh, good point. Didn't notice that at first. *sigh* Start jogging, we'll cut it off next time.
Me: Deal.

Apparently he and I have different opinions of short. I really like Rocco and we tend to talk a lot during the appointment. And he also turns me away from the mirror so you don't see the end results until he is completely done. Obviously I knew he was cutting bangs, but he cuts bangs every session and every day I just swoop them to the side and forget they exist. Not this time.

Yes, this is a bad picture. I don't have on eye makeup and I'm making a funny face. But my face is not the point, it's the hair. Anyone who knows me knows that I don't use a flat iron. Nor do I use a hair dryer very often. I was scared. These bangs don't swoop to the side.

Early Tuesday morning I have to dry my new hair. Since I'm not a morning person and I needed to catch an 8 am flight, not a lot of effort was put into attempt number one. It's that length that hits your shoulder and flips out. I looked like a newscaster. My account manager, whom I travel with almost every week, walked right past me at the airport. Yikes. Fortunately, attempt number two, which really shouldn't be called an attempt since I forgot to pack my hair brushes and just let it air dry, turned out better. I almost like it!
At the very least, I am relieved that I can let it air dry. And as you can see by the clutter in this picture, my recent travels have left my house in a state of disarray. I plan to clean all weekend. Right after I catch a movie (and popcorn! yum!!) with Ivory. And hopefully squeeze in some yoga and brunch with Jilly on Sunday. I'm very much looking forward to both.

3 comments: