Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Broken resolutions

I don't really want to do a post right now, nor do I have the time, but I am tired of seeing the title of my last post. I really need to bookmark my friends' blogs, but I haven't, and since Drea did away with her bookmarks (the only url I can remember) I need to go to my own blog to get the links.

Anyway, to recap the last few months (I would love to post some pictures, bc I have some great ones, one of these days I hope)....

I got a new job
I am traveling twice as much as I used to (yeah, I know)
I really like my new job
My new job requires a new image.
Sadly I can't fit into any of those items in my wardrobe
So I shop. A lot
And apparently I started recreationly drinking again. Oops

We went to Africa with my family. We have about 200 really amazing pictures and I need to post at least 10 of them

The day I got back, I went to New Orleans for a work conference. I really love that city and wound up having way too much fun. The problem? I was still on anti-malaria medication. Apparently anti-malaria medication and Bourbon St grade drinking do not go hand in hand.

SO I am disappointed to announce that I broke my 2010 New Year's Resolution of "No Debilitating Hangovers in 2010." Amazing I know, I made it through late October. For those who socialized w me last year, that's an accomplishment.

I went ahead and broke it again the following week, just so I could really blame it on myself and not the medication. *grin*

Next up: Being on Time in 2011. Yeah we'll see how long that lasts, the only reason I caught my flight this morning was because the depature time was actually 10 minutes later than I thought it was!

Ok, now on to the blogroll....

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear about your happenings. Hope we can get together soon! Congrats on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact that you made it to October is outstanding! I am really proud of you!

    And I'm equally proud of you for throwing your resolution to the wind and having a little fun. You have been working like a mad woman lately and you deserve it.

    Can't wait to see you in January- still trying to find a weekend to visit sooner- I miss you a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or you could just give up on self-improvement and not make resolutions at all! :) No disappointments! .... well until all your friends and family write you off due to the lack of interest or effort in remembering their birthdays, not cracking inappropriate jokes at Thanksgiving dinner or missing your best friend's triumphant walk across the stage with their fresh diploma in hand. .... maybe I should start thinking about a resolution. Good call.

    Oct is quite an accomplishment! Best of luck with the next and congrats on the new job.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete