Thursday, May 27, 2010

Vegas, 4th of July 2010!!

This weekend my annual summer trip to Vegas is falling on the 4th of July. Come join us! I'll be there the week prior for business, Mike is coming out Friday afternoon and we're returning home Monday mid afternoon. Staying at the new Aria, there are great discounts available here.

So what have we been up to the past 6 months? I did go ahead and buy that cow share for raw milk, along with sourcing all of our beef from a local grass-fed rancher and signing up for a veggie/fruit/egg CSA (where we also get our pastured poultry and pork products). Not to mention all the kitchen tools and gadgets. There is a new science experiment in my kitchen almost every day and I'm having a lot of fun. Right now I'm nurturing a sourdough starter for homemade bread, hopefully I can keep it alive.

In March we took a lovely, low-key and little prepared for trip to Playa del Carmen. 180 degrees from the hyper-organized Italy trip, this time we just showed up and did what we felt like. That happened to be a fairly even split between diving and lounging on the beach. Even though our condo was on "Fiesta Row" (aka, in the heart of the nightlife), we never made it out late at night. There's something about being in bed by 10 pm in Mexico during spring break that makes you feel very "mature." One of the highlights was the ceynote diving, this was the entrance to the underground caverns:


And the view from our balcony:


Gotta run, more later (maybe!)

No comments:

Post a Comment