Monday, October 19, 2009

Fire Drill

Saturday night I found a big bulge, like a tumor, on Marley's side. Needless to say, I freaked out. I think I broke my trimmers trying to shave him to get a better look, because Marley really has a whole lot of hair. I took him to the emergency hospital today, even though it was something my regular vet should've been able to do. But since my vet didn't diagnose Peekay correctly, who was riddled with cancer, I didn't feel like taking Marley there. I thought, hey, I'll take him to the hospital, they're competent. But I wasn't emotionally prepared for how hard returning the scene of Peekay's death would be. I was a sniffling basketcase, from making the appt through the examination and even while checking out. The vet was like, hey lady, it's just a lipoma fat deposit, he'll be fine. Yeah, but will I ever be?

1 comment:

  1. Thank god it is nothing serious! It is no wonder you freaked out, I'm so glad to hear Marley is fine.

    ReplyDelete